Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Diary Of Ray Part 7 .

“ Dear Christine ,

We have already been together for some time; I must tell you those few weeks we’d spent together were the best days of my life. I can’t imagine what my life would be without you. I still remember the first time I got so close to you when we dance. But things had happened between Joe and I, things that I’d done that cause jealousy to exist between us and brought sorrow and misery by his best friend. I’d been making decision. This dinner maybe the most romantic one and my best opportunity to express my love to you. By the time you are reading this letter, I may be gone, to further my studies in Japan. We shall remain as we were before we met each other. Well, last but not least , I still can’t define how much I love you , how much happiness you’d put in my life. Take care..

From , Ray “

20th March , School days. I’d been experiencing loneliness for these 3weeks. My parents came to school to get the transfer form. The relationship between Joe and I had been better, but not as the pees and carrot like we used to anymore. It’s a taboo for us to talk about Christine right now.

Teryn , the person who knows whats going on among 3 of us , did not mention anything about Christine too. She’d turned back to the old clumsy girl she used to be. I went home early , as I need to prepare my laugage. I swept my eyes across the desk, there was a letter, sitting right under my table lamp. A letter I’d been expecting. I ditched the letter, and I continued on my work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st April. One day before my flight to Japan. I suddenly had a strong urge that I’m leaving something undone. I stared at the letter, arguing with myself whether should I open up and take a look at what is inside or not. I grabbed the letter without having any other hesitation, I tore the letter cover until I see an opening. It was an invitation to a violin concert. It was from Christine, a V.I.P seat ticket. Looked at the time, I have 1 hour to prepare myself.

I reached the stadium later than I estimated . I never sat at the seat I was suppose to ,but instead I placed myself far away from the stage , a place where Christine cannot see me. When the spotlight are on her , her beauty is so stunning , it left me in awe. This is the first time I saw her in a formal dress , she looked so mature that everyone have to rub their eyes to make sure it was her. She shone so brightly on the stage , like she was born with this talent.

I stared her, standing on that stage and searching through the crowds as if finding someone. She played the violin so sweetly, yet, I still felt a tinge of sadness to it. But I doubt that anyone else in the stadium can’t hear it.

I left my seat after Christine’s turn is over, stood there at the exit as my leg suddenly felt heavier. I don’t want to leave her , but I had to. All out of a sudden , Christine called my name , her voice paralyzed me like a poison kiss. I didn’t want to turn around , but I can’t just walk away. I turned around and she was already running towards me. Later on , she was hugging me , so tight that I can barely move my arms. She whispered in my ears “ Thank you for the flowers you gave me. “. I don’t know who gave her the flowers but I did not deny what she said.

I saw Joe , glaring at us as we embrace each other. I gently pushed her off , and walked out of the exit. Christine shouted my name again , with a voice that she’s going to burst out with tears. Without noticing who is standing behind her. She ran out of the exit to chase me. All I can remember, I heard a huge crashing sound . Next thing I know , I saw Christine lying on a pile of blood.

Pieces of glass were laying around the floor. I turned back and go on my knee right beside her. My tears began to roll down , I didn’t know I was kneeling on the glass. I hugged her , as I wanted to tell her everything in my heart. Joe on the other side , staring at both of us, he reached into his pocket and called 911 right away. Both of us were so worried about Christine.

Minutes later , siren can be heard. The scene began to flood with humans. Christine was still unconscious..

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment